Saturday, May 27, 2023

Vermont Here We Go!

We are headed to Vermont today for the Vermont City Marathon tomorrow. Running trip packing  sure look different these days. When I did the 50 states in 2 years, it was a carry-on only, essentials and running gear. The cheaper, the better. Now I’m looking at my bag, thinking:

  1. How did matriculate this many medications?! Sometime around 30… +5, 1 was added for an under active thyroid… then another… now here we are.
  2. Pikachu undies…. For my tiny travel companion. #momlife. 
  3. Soccer Mom Shirt is an essential! Where did all my Boston Marathon gear go?! When did this become a staple garment?
  4. Seriously… what are all these medications?!
Overall, I’m fairly disturbed by this image. Maybe this is what a #runningmomlife looks like now. 

Meet M1!
This is my new travel buddy, M1. He is the only child going with me on this trip and it’s the first time I have flown without my other kids. I have a little phobia when it comes to flying without them. They also aren’t the best at standing around while I run for 3-4 hours. Michael is mostly going for the Ben & Jerry’s.  


Off to Vermont for my second every Vermont City Marathon. The last time I ran, it was 2009 and I missed BQ by just a few SECONDS. Of course I BQ’d many times after but that race still sits sour with me. Maybe some redemption tomorrow? 

Wish us luck… and that I can keep all these darn medications straight without one of these.








No comments:

Post a Comment